Re: [Hammock Camping] Superstitions hike anyone???????

  • billybob38801
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 2, 2008
      Air trapped in a trash bag placed in under a hammock works real good
      if something like a crinkled up space blanket in in the bag, which
      will help the air become more "dead". I imagine air filled bags alone
      would be better than nothing, compared to air that is completely open.
      But still not very good except when compared to nothing and a nice
      cold breeze of outside air blowing under your back.
      Bill

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Cara Lin Bridgman
      <caralinb@...> wrote:

      > Is this true? If so, what's the reason for it? I, too, know that air
      > mattresses are a great way to freeze in the winter. You mean they do
      > not set up the same sorts of convections when suspended in hammocks?
      > Hard to believe.
      >
      > Any ideas on the physics of this?
      >
      > CL
      >
      > Blake Robert wrote:
      > > I may carry a 1966 Vietnam issue hammock as a
      > > Taco for use to hold airbags---though, I do not
      > > understand how air matresses make you cold in winter
      > > camping on the ground while airbags make you warm when
      > > they are between two hammocks.

    • Arye P. R.
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 23, 2008
        Thanks, wish I was there - than

        I guess being in the Midwest (Chicago), that is why we have have both flea markets and swap meets. The famous one here is the Maxwell Street Market which has been around for better than 100 years.

        Arye P. Rubenstein