Re: full bug net protection

    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 1, 2008
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Palmer <japalmer@...> wrote:

      > I've made a Speer style hammock. While using it during cool, windy
      > weather, the bug net broke the wind and kept me warmer in the
      > hammock. I was just wondering, would a full bug net, covering the
      > hammock completely, help keep the hammock and user drier when a fog
      > rolls in? Anyone have any experience with this?
      >
      > Jeff

      Jeff,

      I think any kind of enclosed space will help up to a point. But in a
      heavy fog that saturates the area for a while, my money would be on
      the fog winning out.

      Dave
    • Arye P. R.
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 23, 2008
        Thanks, wish I was there - than

        I guess being in the Midwest (Chicago), that is why we have have both flea markets and swap meets. The famous one here is the Maxwell Street Market which has been around for better than 100 years.

        Arye P. Rubenstein