Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: How can I hang my hammock indoors?

  • pure mahem
    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 24, 2008
      I don't know if I would compare it to a car but, maybe you could compare it to a bicycle. When I was growing up it was unseen for anybody except professional racers to be wearing a helmet while riding a bike. Now there are laws requiring kids to where helmets. My experience with bicycles growing up have required no helmet that I could see. But hey I wasn't doing flips and stuff like that. So where is the point where society is going to say you shouldn't hang like that with out a safety harness. To this day if it was legal I would not wear a helmet or a seatbelt. I have had some nasty ATV accidents and can see the need for a helmet but if your old enough to make the decision it should be your choice not a mandate. I recall one accident I had that involved an extreme high speed Tbone crash with another quad and if I had been wearing a helmet the handle bars would have taken my head off or at the very least broken my neck. It's scary when you can see this
      happening in slow motion. I guess it's all point of view. Do you where a helmet when you ride a bike? Or do you take the chance that you aren't going to bang your head off a car bumper that day?

      Not funny but related to the seatbelt thing. Did you know your states drinking age could be 18 right now and you wouldn't have to wear a seat belt or a helmet? Do you know why it's required in your state? Because your state agreed to pass that as a law in exchange to recieve money for highway maintanence from the federal government. Those laws were a requirement to recieve that funding. Does that sound like the people wanted it? Sounds like some beurocrats wanted it. Why do they have the right to tell you you need to where a seatbelt. If the people really wanted this they would just do it. It should be there freedom of choice not you need to wear it or we're going to give you a ticket. Where do they get off telling someone they have to do this. It should be my choice wether I want to go flying through the windshield in a highspeed crash not theres!

      Sorry to get off topic a little bit but it's all point of view giving examples that are similar not the same impact force potentials and such.

      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 23, 2008
        Thanks, wish I was there - than

        I guess being in the Midwest (Chicago), that is why we have have both flea markets and swap meets. The famous one here is the Maxwell Street Market which has been around for better than 100 years.

        Arye P. Rubenstein