Re: [Hammock Camping] Door hanging

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
      I'm not hanging from a door hinge. I'm hanging from the steel frame of
      one door. The other door is of the sort you're really not likely to
      find in the USA. Even trailers are framed in wood, right? This door
      and the frame is plastic! The hinge is cheap aluminum. Think of the
      cheapest door, frame, and hinge and make it cheaper. Both frames are
      set into rebar-reinforced concrete. There are not that many residential
      buildings like this in the USA, but they're all over the place here in
      Taiwan.

      The reason it works is because the real pull is on a wooden pole. Well,
      sometimes I'm surprised this works. It was a late-night jury rig for
      short term use that's now run into almost 2 months. Guess I'll have to
      figure out how to take pictures and post them.

      CL