Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Speer ridge line

  • C C Wayah
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 14, 2008
      Billy,
      If you have hiking poles measure the space with them outstretched in your
      arms. That should be about the length you need the trees to be apart. A
      lot easier than pacing the distance between the trees especially with
      unleveled ground on the side of a mountain or trying out several paced off
      trees for the proper distance.
      It's like backpacking cooks who know just how much a cupped hand can hold
      for cooking without measuring cups. I also do this in my home kitchen
      sometimes to remind me just how much my hand holds. A pinch is about 1/8th
      teaspoon and so on. It also
      helps to make marks on the inside of your cook pot for liquid measurements
      too.
      So measure the distance of your outstretched arms with your hiking polls
      outstretched too.

      Rogene.
      Oh BTW most peoples forearm is the length of their foot.
      LOL
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 16, 2008
        I updated the file I previously posted by including some sketches to
        help explain what I said. It messes up the previous link but it is
        the same name under Youngblood's folder and this should be the link

        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8BuOR_aqY-p99MHhoq9u40Wsacy4XOTpIn-o2G5KOtGM3Qmc5TVomj0dsM1O-YgxdlduT1FrTAl5pfYja8Sy1M4AvkWhng/Youngblood%27s/Structural%20Ridgelines-%2001162008.doc

        Dave