Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Speer ridge line

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 9, 2008
      Ralph,

      A structural ridgeline allows the hammock suspension line attached at
      the tree to be at an angle less than the hammock sag angle...

      Thanks Dave,

      Yes, I've done the statics with free body diagrams also.

      Now I see what you are thinking and I agree.

      Ralph

      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 16, 2008
        I updated the file I previously posted by including some sketches to
        help explain what I said. It messes up the previous link but it is
        the same name under Youngblood's folder and this should be the link

        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8BuOR_aqY-p99MHhoq9u40Wsacy4XOTpIn-o2G5KOtGM3Qmc5TVomj0dsM1O-YgxdlduT1FrTAl5pfYja8Sy1M4AvkWhng/Youngblood%27s/Structural%20Ridgelines-%2001162008.doc

        Dave