[Hammock Camping] Re: Speer ridge line

  • Fuzzy
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 9, 2008

      > Dave, I'm trying to understand the forces and why a structural
      ridgeline
      > will increase the tension on the tree (with associated bark damage).
      >
      > Is it because us guys with structural lines tend to hang lower aand
      > therefore tighter?

      Ralph,

      I'm not Dave, but he posted a file ( Hammock Rope Forces - web rev
      L.xls ) in the files section of the group. I think it will give you
      what you need.

      Fuzzy
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 16, 2008
        I updated the file I previously posted by including some sketches to
        help explain what I said. It messes up the previous link but it is
        the same name under Youngblood's folder and this should be the link

        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8BuOR_aqY-p99MHhoq9u40Wsacy4XOTpIn-o2G5KOtGM3Qmc5TVomj0dsM1O-YgxdlduT1FrTAl5pfYja8Sy1M4AvkWhng/Youngblood%27s/Structural%20Ridgelines-%2001162008.doc

        Dave