Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Speer ridge line

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 9, 2008
      Dave wrote:
      A structural ridgeline alters the forces or loads or tension on the
      hammock suspension lines and the trees they attach to. In doing this
      it does produce a consistent sag angle for a hammock as long as the
      hammock suspension lines are at a smaller sag angle than what the
      structural ridgeline limits the sag angle to.

      Dave, I'm trying to understand the forces and why a structural ridgeline
      will increase the tension on the tree (with associated bark damage).

      Is it because us guys with structural lines tend to hang lower aand
      therefore tighter?

      Ralph

      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 16, 2008
        I updated the file I previously posted by including some sketches to
        help explain what I said. It messes up the previous link but it is
        the same name under Youngblood's folder and this should be the link

        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8BuOR_aqY-p99MHhoq9u40Wsacy4XOTpIn-o2G5KOtGM3Qmc5TVomj0dsM1O-YgxdlduT1FrTAl5pfYja8Sy1M4AvkWhng/Youngblood%27s/Structural%20Ridgelines-%2001162008.doc

        Dave