Re: [Hammock Camping] I wanted to know

  • ian toal
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 5, 2008
      Tod,

      First, it was -2 F. Sorry I didn't clarify that, I'm just use to using Fahrenheit.

      Here is a link for the survival blanket I used:

      http://www.preparedness.com/allweatblan.html

      I'm not sure why it isn't showing as a direct link but if you copy and paste it work.

      The weight on the blanket I have is 14 oz and the web site says 10 oz for the blanket. It could just be a typing error.

      Enjoy,

      Ian

      Tod Massa <todmassa@...> wrote: Ian, this is an interesting test. However, I would like clarification on two points:

      1) -2 F or -2 C (bit of a difference)?

      2) Can you provide a link to the survival blanket or similar?

      Thanks for posting this,

      Tod

      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 6, 2008
        Rosaleen, will do.
        This is a scout trip and we are not sure if we will get on the AT itself or not, and will be on the east side of the mountain. Since we are base camping, we will carry our own water since previous experiences dictates that is the best strategy.

        I hiked from Rockfish Gap to the Tye River in mid-October...water sources, using the term loosely, were generally 8-10 miles apart. A few weeks ago the troop did 10 miles on the AT from just before the Devils' Marbleyard to the James River despite the recent rains, there was no water until Matt's Creek, so at least and eight mile span there.

        Tod