Re: [WomenHikers] HIKER MISSING ON BLOOD MOUNTAIN

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2008
      They have located the dog (at least they are reporting it is that dog)
      somewhere in the Atlanta area where it entered a grocery store and the
      guy they wanted to question.

      The woman disappeared on New Year's Day and was last seen 30 miles
      away around Blood Mountain where she was doing the Freeman
      Trail/AT/Blood Mtn loop hike with her dog. I don't see how this could
      be connected to NYE on Springer other that folks hiking north bound
      may have been delayed by trail/road closings?

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2008
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
          Yeah the dog was found 40 miles away and was identified by an implanted
          chip. So I suppose it could have been the same dog.

          On 1/4/08, Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:

          > Updated story
          >
          > http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/04/HiltonFound_0105_web.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

        • marta_clark
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Mike <madmo453@...> wrote:

            > Yeah the dog was found 40 miles away and was identified by an
            implanted
            > chip. So I suppose it could have been the same dog.

            The black lab on Springer New Year's Eve belonged to someone tenting
            near us that night.
          • drodegeb
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark" <marta_clark@...>
              wrote:

              > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Mike <madmo453@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yeah the dog was found 40 miles away and was identified by an
              > implanted
              > > chip. So I suppose it could have been the same dog.
              >
              > The black lab on Springer New Year's Eve belonged to someone tenting
              > near us that night.

              New information is on the CNN website. Unfortunately it doesn't look
              good.

              http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/07/georgia.hiker/index.html?iref=topnews