Re: [WomenHikers] HIKER MISSING ON BLOOD MOUNTAIN

  • C C Wayah
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2008
      Ok list,
      I saw the picture of this missing person's black lab.
      It looked a lot like the dog running lose around the
      Springer Shelter on New Years morning.
      The question here is did someone have a back lab
      running loose with them on Springer? Did anyone else
      notice this very freindly dog. Is it possible that it was dropped off on
      Springer and followed the hikers around looking for a meal ? Does anyone
      know if this dog had a owner with it?

      Rogene

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2008
        They have located the dog (at least they are reporting it is that dog)
        somewhere in the Atlanta area where it entered a grocery store and the
        guy they wanted to question.

        The woman disappeared on New Year's Day and was last seen 30 miles
        away around Blood Mountain where she was doing the Freeman
        Trail/AT/Blood Mtn loop hike with her dog. I don't see how this could
        be connected to NYE on Springer other that folks hiking north bound
        may have been delayed by trail/road closings?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2008
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
            Yeah the dog was found 40 miles away and was identified by an implanted
            chip. So I suppose it could have been the same dog.

            On 1/4/08, Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:

            > Updated story
            >
            > http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/04/HiltonFound_0105_web.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

          • marta_clark
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Mike <madmo453@...> wrote:

              > Yeah the dog was found 40 miles away and was identified by an
              implanted
              > chip. So I suppose it could have been the same dog.

              The black lab on Springer New Year's Eve belonged to someone tenting
              near us that night.
            • drodegeb
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark" <marta_clark@...>
                wrote:

                > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Mike <madmo453@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yeah the dog was found 40 miles away and was identified by an
                > implanted
                > > chip. So I suppose it could have been the same dog.
                >
                > The black lab on Springer New Year's Eve belonged to someone tenting
                > near us that night.

                New information is on the CNN website. Unfortunately it doesn't look
                good.

                http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/07/georgia.hiker/index.html?iref=topnews