Re: Beginning Tarp Question

  • Nathan Denn
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2007
      Dennis,

      I have the same hammock as you. I use a 9x9 tarp from
      sportsmansguide.com. The white one is cheap and it
      has protected me fine. I pitch it diagonally using
      the ropes that came with the tarp. This tarp has also
      been versatile enough to tarp camp when I cant find
      good trees.

      Check in the photo's section of the group page. Look
      for the album called Nate's Hammock. You will see a
      few pics of my set up that might help you out. The
      cold weather rig pic shows the tarp the best. I have
      changed my hanging system recently and don't tie to
      trees that way anymore. Also, that is a poncho
      suspended under my hammock as a wind block and a
      sleeping bag surrounding the whole hammock. Hope this helps!

      -Nate

      Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
      John Wayne

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs