RE: [Hammock Camping] Beginning Tarp Question

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2007
      also HH has a coated hex tarp that may be cheaper than sil.

      Billy Chard <bc100s@...> wrote: You can try to Eagles Nest product line. They have a oversized tarp
      that I use

    • Nathan Denn
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 25, 2007
        Dennis,

        I have the same hammock as you. I use a 9x9 tarp from
        sportsmansguide.com. The white one is cheap and it
        has protected me fine. I pitch it diagonally using
        the ropes that came with the tarp. This tarp has also
        been versatile enough to tarp camp when I cant find
        good trees.

        Check in the photo's section of the group page. Look
        for the album called Nate's Hammock. You will see a
        few pics of my set up that might help you out. The
        cold weather rig pic shows the tarp the best. I have
        changed my hanging system recently and don't tie to
        trees that way anymore. Also, that is a poncho
        suspended under my hammock as a wind block and a
        sleeping bag surrounding the whole hammock. Hope this helps!

        -Nate

        Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
        John Wayne

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs