BIG hammock needed

  • Jeff Ross
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2007
      I have a Hennessy Explorer Asym that I've used for several years. I
      would like to find a hammock that has a bit more foot room, ie that's
      longer. This hammock is rated for "over 6 ft", but it's just barely
      long enough for me. I'm 6-3 and weigh about 200 lb. Also, the rain fly
      that came with it is just barely big enough. Anybody have any
      recommendations? A mosquito net and a BIG rainfly are essential to me.
    • Billy Chard
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2007
        Jeff
        I am 6-1 and around 200 lbs myself. For a number of years I
        have been using an ENO double nest its long enough for me to have
        plenty of room. They have a larger rain fly and bug net that fits quite
        well
        Check it out at
        http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/double-nest-hammock.html

        Billy

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2007
          Try the Hennessy Safari. That should be plenty big enough. Strictly a
          3 season hammock, but like all the Hennessy hammocks, the bug netting
          is built in. With the Safa4ri you will find that you are laying on
          even more of a diagonal and it is very comfortable. I'm only 5' 11"
          and it is way too big for me, but I love it.

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Ross"