groups in fl

  • Sandra
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 13, 2007
      I am new to this but would like to find a group in north east fl. are
      there any memebers in fl?

      I am single adn most of my friends either don't camp or think that is
      something you do at the hilton.

      I love to hike and camp
      sandra
    • Carey Parks
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 13, 2007
        Hi Sandra,

        I'm way down south by Fort Myers, so mayber someone else from up north will
        respond. I just wanted to mention that the Florida State Parks don't allow
        attaching ANYTHING to their trees - clothes lines, lanterns or hammocks.
        Which is too bad since the parks are really nice. I pitch my hammock on the
        ground as a tarp tent, using the tarp as well, a tarp, and the hammock as a
        complicated bug net. It works, but is not ideal.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2007
            Try the Florida Trail Association.
            http://www.floridatrail.org/web/index.php

            Steve

            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <sandrasl32@...> wrote:

            > I am new to this but would like to find a group in north east fl. are
            > there any memebers in fl?
            >
            > I am single adn most of my friends either don't camp or think that is
            > something you do at the hilton.
            >
            > I love to hike and camp
            > sandra

          • SANDRA STRICKLAND
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 13, 2007
              Carey,
              I have lived in Fl for 20 years and have been a tent camper. I love to stay in the state parks and i always put stuff up on my trees. I always take it back down as wll. I always camped with a girl friend and our kids. My x was did not like dirt and bugs. my friend has since remarried. Now I would like to find a group to hike and camp with. It is so much more fun in a group.
              Ft Myers is not that far. are you a native of fl?

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 14, 2007
                Sandra,

                In addition to the Florida Trails Assn, check out
                WomenHikers@yahoogroups.com. Send a note to the list moderator asking to
                join.

                Good Luck,

                Rosaleen