Tree Spirit down sleeping bag hammock

  • Blake Robert
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2007
      I am trying to get into winter hammocking ranging
      from the elevations of the Superstitions to the high
      country with a huge temperature range.

      Rather than spend a few hundred here, a few there
      until I hit what I want (on a fixed retirement
      annuity) I am trying economical ways first.

      I have just had the winning ebay bid on a Tree
      Spirit down sleeping bag hammock.

      http://www.ebay.com Item nos. 170167714995 for his
      better description and item no. 170174967597 for my
      win-more photographs.

      Does anyone know anything about this sleeping
      bag/hammock combination?

      Even the Tree Spirit website has nothing about it.
      http://funhammocks.com/

      Any info would be appreciated.

      I would still like to know if anyone has tried the
      top zipper Panda sleeping bag/hammock inside a regular
      hammock?

      R Blake, Flagstaff, AZ

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • billybob38801
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2007
        R. Blake,
        Sorry, I have no info re: Tree Spirit. I just wanted to say Hi and how
        I envy you. I used to live on Roberta Street ( 83-85) in Flagstaff and
        before that in Phoenix. I loved AZ. I was not a hammocker then, but a
        ground dweller only. I loved the backpacking and car camping in desert
        and mountains, but boy could I have done some fine hammocking in the
        Aspens or Ponderosa pines of Flag and the Moggollon (sp?) Rim! I sure
        do miss it!
        Bill

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@...>
        wrote:

        > I am trying to get into winter hammocking ranging
        > from the elevations of the Superstitions to the high
        > country with a huge temperature range.
        >
        > Rather than spend a few hundred here, a few there
        > until I hit what I want (on a fixed retirement
        > annuity) I am trying economical ways first.
        >
        > I have just had the winning ebay bid on a Tree
        > Spirit down sleeping bag hammock.
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com Item nos. 170167714995 for his
        > better description and item no. 170174967597 for my
        > win-more photographs.
        >
        > Does anyone know anything about this sleeping
        > bag/hammock combination?
        >
        > Even the Tree Spirit website has nothing about it.
        > http://funhammocks.com/
        >
        > Any info would be appreciated.
        >
        > I would still like to know if anyone has tried the
        > top zipper Panda sleeping bag/hammock inside a regular
        > hammock?
        >
        > R Blake, Flagstaff, AZ

        > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

      • Blake Robert
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2007
          Thank you.

          I choose to live here with minimal income as compared
          to much more income elsewhere.

          I taught at Broward Community College/Florida Atlantic
          University for two years-allergies drove me back to
          Flagstaff.

          When I complained that the income was very low
          compared to the cost of living I was told that half
          the pay in Ft. Lauderdale was paid in sunshine!!!!

          Can you imagine telling someone used to Flagstaff that
          half the Ft. Lauderdale pay was the sunshine????

          RB

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • SANDRA STRICKLAND
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 15, 2007
            It is true that fl pay is low and the reason is we have sunshine and that people are generally happier because of it.

            Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@...> wrote: Thank you.

            --- billybob38801 wrote:

            > R. Blake,
            > Sorry, I have no info re: Tree Spirit. I just wanted
            > to say Hi and how
            > I envy you. I used to live on Roberta Street (
            > 83-85) in Flagstaff and
            > before that in Phoenix. I loved AZ. I was not a
            > hammocker then, but a
            > ground dweller only. I loved the backpacking and car
            > camping in desert
            > and mountains, but boy could I have done some fine
            > hammocking in the
            > Aspens or Ponderosa pines of Flag and the Moggollon
            > (sp?) Rim! I sure
            > do miss it!
            > Bill
            >
            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Blake Robert
            >
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > I am trying to get into winter hammocking
            > ranging
            > > from the elevations of the Superstitions to the
            > high
            > > country with a huge temperature range.
            > >
            > > Rather than spend a few hundred here, a few
            > there
            > > until I hit what I want (on a fixed retirement
            > > annuity) I am trying economical ways first.
            > >
            > > I have just had the winning ebay bid on a Tree
            > > Spirit down sleeping bag hammock.
            > >
            > > http://www.ebay.com Item nos. 170167714995 for
            > his
            > > better description and item no. 170174967597 for
            > my
            > > win-more photographs.
            > >
            > > Does anyone know anything about this sleeping
            > > bag/hammock combination?
            > >
            > > Even the Tree Spirit website has nothing about
            > it.
            > > http://funhammocks.com/
            > >
            > > Any info would be appreciated.
            > >
            > > I would still like to know if anyone has tried
            > the
            > > top zipper Panda sleeping bag/hammock inside a
            > regular
            > > hammock?
            > >
            > > R Blake, Flagstaff, AZ

            > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

          • Jamie D.
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 18, 2007
              Hi Robert,

              I don't know anything about this particular hammock but the least
              expensive solution I have found for staying warm in my hammock is to
              use a couple of blue foam pads under me with a nice lower temp range
              than needed sleeping bag on top. Sythetic is cheaper than down of
              course.

              Now, if you are concerned about weight then down is better.

              Jamie in AZ

              > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
              > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
              http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?