gear

  • Greg Dunlap
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
      Somebody slap me and tell me I don't need a dozen of these.

      http://www.tree-huggerz.com/
    • amendment2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
        SLAP! You don't need it!!
        (Friends don't let friends buy tree-huggerz)

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
          In a message dated 12/7/07 7:45:21 AM, amendment2@... writes:

          > SLAP! You don't need it!!
          > (Friends don't let friends buy tree-huggerz)

          > *
          > products.
          > (http://money.http://money.<wbhttp://money.http://monhttp://money.<wbhttp)

          are there similiar products out there that won't get someone slapped around
          here????

          I was just about to pass the tree huggerz info on to my scout troop - they
          have applied to be one of the 'light fighter' troops at a camporee being held at
          West Point in the spring.

        • Ralph Oborn
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
            On 12/6/07, Greg Dunlap <blackey@...> wrote:

            > Somebody slap me and tell me I don't need a dozen of these.
            >
            > http://www.tree-huggerz.com/

            Sure, strap one to each leg, strap one to your dog, strap one to the wife
            and each kid, keep going and you won't need to pack anything in. :]

            Ralph

          • Nathan Denn
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
              The ultralight model looks pretty useful for hammock
              campers and light/ultralight backpackers! I am really tempted......

              -Nate

              Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
              John Wayne

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • Tod Massa
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                Get a cheap fanny pack from your favorite bigbox discounter and put a couple of cheap 'biners on it and you're done.
                And you've got something multi-use.
                -Tod

                The ultralight model looks pretty useful for hammock

                campers and light/ultralight backpackers! I am really tempted..... .

                -Nate

                Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.

                John Wayne

                http://www.yahoo com/r/hs

                <!--

                #ygrp-mkp{
                #ygrp-mkp hr{
                border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
                #ygrp-mkp #hd{
                #ygrp-mkp #ads{
                margin-bottom:10px;}
                #ygrp-mkp .ad{
                padding:0 0;}
                #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
                color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
                -->

                <!--

                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
                font-family:Arial;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
                margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
                -->

                <!--

                #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                #ygrp-text{
                font-family:Georgia;
                }
                #ygrp-text p{
                margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                font-family:Arial;
                clear:both;}
                #ygrp-vitnav{
                #ygrp-vitnav a{
                padding:0 1px;}
                #ygrp-actbar{
                #ygrp-actbar .left{
                float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
                .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                #ygrp-grft{
                #ygrp-ft{
                padding:5px 0;
                }
                #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                padding-bottom:10px;}

                #ygrp-vital{
                #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                #ygrp-vital ul{
                padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
                #ygrp-vital ul li{
                }
                #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                font-weight:bold;}
                #ygrp-vital a{
                text-decoration:none;}

                #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;}

                #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                color:#999;font-size:77%;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
                #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                padding:8px 0;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                text-decoration:none;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                text-decoration:underline;}
                #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                margin:0;}
                o{font-size:0;}
                .MsoNormal{
                margin:0 0 0 0;}
                #ygrp-text tt{
                font-size:120%;}
                blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                .replbq{margin:4;}
                -->

              • amendment2@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                  I only said it because they said someone slap me and tell me I don't need a
                  dozen of these.

                • Richard Perlman
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                    If I can't find a tree with natural "hooks", I take one of the 3 short
                    lengths of string
                    I always carry in my pocket and tie it around a tree and add 3 or 4
                    micro 'biners.

                    In the old days, when I was still a gearhead, I would have bought a Tree
                    Huggerz.
                    Now I get more pleasure with less. Less to carry, less to loose, less
                    to break.
                    And it makes you invent multiple uses for everything in your kit.
                    This is what I have been teaching to the scouts in my troop, too.

                    Rich

                    Tod Massa wrote:
                    > Get a cheap fanny pack from your favorite bigbox discounter and put a couple of cheap 'biners on it and you're done.
                    > And you've got something multi-use.
                    > -Tod

                    > Ain't got no mo' mojo, but I got plenty o' banjo.

                  • Tod Massa
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                      Exactly. Wednesday night I taught skills and development for our upcoming backpacking trip next weekend. The main thing I demonstrated was that other than a few emergency items, there was not anything in my pack that I was going to use.

                      I just kept reinforcing that to the younger scouts...don't carry junk, it's just heavy.

                      I hate heavy.

                      Tod

                    • eilismaura@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                        In a message dated 12/7/07 10:23:07 AM, todmassa@... writes:

                        > Exactly. Wednesday night I taught skills and development for our upcoming
                        > backpacking trip next weekend. The main thing I demonstrated was that other
                        > than a few emergency items, there was not anything in my pack that I was going
                        > to use.
                        >

                        > I just kept reinforcing that to the younger scouts...don' I just kept
                        > reinforcing that
                        >
                        > I hate heavy.
                        >
                        > Tod

                        I have been sharing much of what I find with my son's troop -

                        I don't get to hike though - wish I could --

                      • Sandy Kramer
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 11, 2007
                          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Dunlap" <blackey@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Somebody slap me and tell me I don't need a dozen of these.
                          >
                          > http://www.tree-huggerz.com/

                          but the Ultralight is only 5 oz! :)

                          http://www.tree-huggerz.com/products_ultra.htm

                        • eilismaura@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 11, 2007
                            In a message dated 12/11/07 11:32:11 AM, sandykayak@... writes:

                            > --- In hammockcamping@hammockcampiham, "Greg Dunlap" <blackey@...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Somebody slap me and tell me I don't need a dozen of these.
                            > >
                            > > http://www.tree-http://www.t
                            >
                            > but the Ultralight is only 5 oz! :)
                            >
                            > http://www.tree-http://www.thttp://wwhttp://ww

                            so now he can buy 2 doz!!!!! LOL