tying off a Speer hammock

  • Richard Perlman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
      I really like the simplicity of Ed's "4 wrap" knot. So easy to tie!

      However, sometimes the tree I need to tie to is too large for sufficient
      wraps.

      What to do? I didn't want to tie a knot that would be impossible to
      untie in the morning.

      So I used the hammock webbing to tie one loose overhand knot around the
      tree and finished
      it off with figure 8 wraps a la Hennessey. Worked perfectly, plus it
      allowed me to adjust
      the height of the hammock on the tree.

      Rich

    • Steve Joiner
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
        Whooo-hoo! Got my new tarp! Can't wait to get out this weekend and try it
        out - of course, the low is only supposed to be 50 degrees or so! Ordered
        it last Sunday, arrived today!!

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Joiner" <joiners@...> wrote:

          > Whooo-hoo! Got my new tarp! Can't wait to get out this weekend and
          try it
          > out - of course, the low is only supposed to be 50 degrees or so!
          Ordered
          > it last Sunday, arrived today!!

          Steve,

          I posted some information in post #18476 that may be of interest to you.

          Dave Womble
          aka Youngblood AT2000
          WinterTarp