Re: [Hammock Camping] Will I ever get better at setting up?

  • amendment2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2007
      I always set up the tarp first. Just habit.

    • Richard Perlman
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
        I do pretty much the same thing, but I set up the fly just how I like
        it, then break it down, leaving
        the stakes in the ground. They're painted with a hi visibility orange
        paint and very easy to see.

        This eliminates the need to find a suitable spot for the stakes
        (sometimes very rocky or very soft ground presents a challenge you don't
        need, in the dark, when it's starting to rain) and tie off taughtline
        hitches.

        Rich