Re: [Hammock Camping] Leaving...

  • rod hamilton
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 1, 2007
      Brian,

      Hang in there Brian. I don't know if you belong to other groups; I belong to 5 or 6 and this is not uncommon. That's the whole purpose of the subject line. Don't open messages in which you have no interest. Regardless of the veracity of a topic, it usually burns itself out in less than three weeks. Besides, for most of us, it's the off season.

      I hope to hear from you in the Spring. Rhtreo

      Brian <baknm@...> wrote:
      Just so you are aware...I am leaving the group...I joined to find out
      more about how folks get the most out of their hammocks...this stuff
      is just tedious. When you are tired of talking about TV and arguing
      about surviving or not...here is to Happy camping...
      Brian

    • Tod Massa
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 6, 2008
        Rosaleen, will do.
        This is a scout trip and we are not sure if we will get on the AT itself or not, and will be on the east side of the mountain. Since we are base camping, we will carry our own water since previous experiences dictates that is the best strategy.

        I hiked from Rockfish Gap to the Tye River in mid-October...water sources, using the term loosely, were generally 8-10 miles apart. A few weeks ago the troop did 10 miles on the AT from just before the Devils' Marbleyard to the James River despite the recent rains, there was no water until Matt's Creek, so at least and eight mile span there.

        Tod