Re: Solar Stills, was female 'pee bottles' was Panda High Peak as a sleep...

  • Jamie D.
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 29, 2007
      Probably wont have this with me, I would say that's a definitely.
      THat thing was certainly not invented with the hiker in mind. hahaha!

      In the Sonoran Desert, unless you are near a wash the chances of a
      person, that mind you is trying to conserve their energy, digging a 3
      ft hole without a shovel is almost nil. The ground out here is quite
      hard, in fact they have issues getting through it with heavy machinery
      sometimes.

      I'd be included to do the plastic bag thing tied around a Mesquite or
      Palo Verde. Of course if you have a plastic bag and if you have a
      tree near by, the tiny amount of water you get is only going to keep
      you alive long enough to realy start aggonizing over the fact you are
      screwed!!! No H20 in the desert is a BIG problemo.

      jamie

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Cara Lin Bridgman

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 30, 2007
        Desert Survival Skills by David Alloway