Bear Grylls

  • Jamie D.
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 29, 2007
      I would not classify Bear Grylls as a fraud. Sleeping one night in
      a motel, likely at the urging of his productions staff, doesn to
      take away from the many adventurous and skilled outdoor acts he has
      undertaken on his show. I think he deserves some credit just for
      eating the stuff he eats.

      I like Les too. I enjoy watching both shows. They are still TV
      though so I don't expect them to be 100% REAL.

      Jamie D

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Tod Massa <todmassa@...>
      wrote:

      > Take a look on Youtube for the whole Bear Grylls is a fraud series
      of videos (Man vs Wild). There is a terrific comparison between what
      he says and does on this topic v. Les Stround from SurvivorMan. I
      definitely prefer the letter.

      > Tod
    • rghickma
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 30, 2007
        I meant to say I agree with Tod and like the way Aris stated: "I think
        a show that purports to give useful survival tips, but fails in the
        quest for sensationalism is a dangerous program."

        It doesn't take much to entertain me but I can't watch this show.

        /Rodney