Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: female 'pee bottles' was Panda High Peak as a sleeping bag to use in a hammock

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 27, 2007
      Obviously, there's just not that much out there about female pee-bottles.

      What's the sex ratio of this group, anyway? Maybe not that many females
      are active participants.

      Actually, WomenHiker's is probably a much better place for this sort of
      a discussion.

      Solar stills, however, are not necessarily gender-related (but I'm
      inclined to think more males than females peruse survival books).

      CL

      Mike wrote:
      > What an odd evolution this dicussion has made.
      >
      > On 11/27/07, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:
      >> On 11/27/07, Mike <madmo453@... <madmo453%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      >>> Les lined a hole with plastic and put a cup of urine in the middle, then
      >>> covered the hole with clear plastic. As it evaporated, it dripped down
      >> the
      >>> clear plastic into the plastic lining the hole. He collected it from
      >> there
      >>> and it was pure water. I think I heard somewhere that the same principle
      >>> works with salt water, but I'm not sure.
      >> It's called a solar still.
      >>
      >> There is lots of information out there, it is relatively slow. and as with
      >> most survival skills, practice makes perfect.
      >>
      >> Ralph

      Please note my new-old email address: caralinb@...
      Cara Lin Bridgman

      P.O. Box 013 Phone: 886-4-2632-5484
      Longjing Sinjhuang
      Taichung County 434
      Taiwan http://megaview.com.tw/~caralin/
    • rghickma
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 30, 2007
        I meant to say I agree with Tod and like the way Aris stated: "I think
        a show that purports to give useful survival tips, but fails in the
        quest for sensationalism is a dangerous program."

        It doesn't take much to entertain me but I can't watch this show.

        /Rodney