Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: female 'pee bottles' was Panda High Peak as a sleeping bag to use in a hammock

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 27, 2007
      What an odd evolution this dicussion has made.

      On 11/27/07, Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote:

      > On 11/27/07, Mike <madmo453@... <madmo453%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      > >
      > > Les lined a hole with plastic and put a cup of urine in the middle, then
      > > covered the hole with clear plastic. As it evaporated, it dripped down
      > the
      > > clear plastic into the plastic lining the hole. He collected it from
      > there
      > > and it was pure water. I think I heard somewhere that the same principle
      > > works with salt water, but I'm not sure.
      >
      > It's called a solar still.
      >
      > There is lots of information out there, it is relatively slow. and as with
      > most survival skills, practice makes perfect.
      >
      > Ralph

    • rghickma
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 30, 2007
        I meant to say I agree with Tod and like the way Aris stated: "I think
        a show that purports to give useful survival tips, but fails in the
        quest for sensationalism is a dangerous program."

        It doesn't take much to entertain me but I can't watch this show.

        /Rodney