Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: female 'pee bottles' was Panda High Peak as a sleeping bag to use in a hammock

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 27, 2007
      On 11/27/07, Mike <madmo453@...> wrote:

      > Les lined a hole with plastic and put a cup of urine in the middle, then
      > covered the hole with clear plastic. As it evaporated, it dripped down the
      > clear plastic into the plastic lining the hole. He collected it from there
      > and it was pure water. I think I heard somewhere that the same principle
      > works with salt water, but I'm not sure.

      It's called a solar still.

      There is lots of information out there, it is relatively slow. and as with
      most survival skills, practice makes perfect.

      Ralph

    • rghickma
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 30, 2007
        I meant to say I agree with Tod and like the way Aris stated: "I think
        a show that purports to give useful survival tips, but fails in the
        quest for sensationalism is a dangerous program."

        It doesn't take much to entertain me but I can't watch this show.

        /Rodney