Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: female 'pee bottles' was Panda High Peak as a sleeping bag to use in a hammock

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 27, 2007
      Les lined a hole with plastic and put a cup of urine in the middle, then
      covered the hole with clear plastic. As it evaporated, it dripped down the
      clear plastic into the plastic lining the hole. He collected it from there
      and it was pure water. I think I heard somewhere that the same principle
      works with salt water, but I'm not sure.

      On 11/26/07, Cara Lin Bridgman <caralinb@...> wrote:

      > Mike wrote:
      > > Les Stroud did the smart thing and let his pee evaporate before
      > drinking it.
      >
      > Huh? I don't get it. How can you drink pee if you let it evaporate?
      >
      > Now some friends of mine were on a 'health kick' (probably continues to
      > this day) of drinking their own pee to give their body another shot at
      > vitamins and minerals. They had some strange ideas about coconut milk
      > and coconut butter, too.
      >
      > CL

    • rghickma
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 30, 2007
        I meant to say I agree with Tod and like the way Aris stated: "I think
        a show that purports to give useful survival tips, but fails in the
        quest for sensationalism is a dangerous program."

        It doesn't take much to entertain me but I can't watch this show.

        /Rodney