Re: [Hammock Camping] RE: WinterTarp

  • Ralph Oborn
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 8, 2007
      Basically I use 12" pieces of shockcord and loop it
      through the side tieouts after I have tied the guyline on. That gives
      me a doubled over piece of shockcord that is six inches long.

      I tried that (apparently using too much bungie) and later at night tripped
      over the line.
      The sharp stake pulled out of the ground under an extreme amount of tension
      then launched itself spear gun fashion towards my brand new HH with faithful
      thermareast inside. Just missing diasaster I did the following

      1. did away with bungie
      2. got brighter lines
      3. got a brighter occupant :]

      Ralph

      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2007
        Thanks for the suggestion John-that makes sense & I'll make that change to
        the website today. Your feedback is helpful.

        The site does list the weight of our basic WinterTarp as 16 ozs; while the
        extra Accessory Kit contains our NoTangle GuideLines (listed as 1.7 oz) &
        our SilNylon Stuff Sack (listed as 0.4 oz). That would make a total carry
        weight of 18.1 ozs if you used our Accessory Kit to complete your tarp. Of
        course the final carry weight depends on each customer-while most choose to
        purchase the Accessory Kit, some choose to supply their own items. I'll try
        to make this clearer on the website itself...Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____