Re: [Hammock Camping] RE: WinterTarp

    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 7, 2007
      Opps, I said "hammock" in one place where I should have said "tarp".
      This is what that sentence should have said:

      "The catenary ridgeline is also gone, I increased the depth of the
      catenary curves on the edges and utilized four catenary darts along
      the TARP where the "door flaps" hinge. Those do some interesting
      things for the tarp... they keep it very taut over a variety of pitch
      options and do it exceptionally well while allowing you to have steep
      sides when using the tarptent pitch to help with snow buildup."
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2007
        Thanks for the suggestion John-that makes sense & I'll make that change to
        the website today. Your feedback is helpful.

        The site does list the weight of our basic WinterTarp as 16 ozs; while the
        extra Accessory Kit contains our NoTangle GuideLines (listed as 1.7 oz) &
        our SilNylon Stuff Sack (listed as 0.4 oz). That would make a total carry
        weight of 18.1 ozs if you used our Accessory Kit to complete your tarp. Of
        course the final carry weight depends on each customer-while most choose to
        purchase the Accessory Kit, some choose to supply their own items. I'll try
        to make this clearer on the website itself...Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____