My latest AT Adventure

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2003
      The June section hike is here:

      http://www.flyfisher-kayaks.com/ultralite/ATJune2003.htm

      It does have a photo of my latest hammock.

      Rick
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2003
        Cool. Get a little closer for the next snake photo. They can only
        strike half thier body length... I've heard...

        There was a pic in the local paper of a diamondback the other day.
        It looked 7 feet long in the pic but they didnt measure it (at least
        not in the paper). I've seen a few 6 footers as big as my forearm
        but this one looked bigger.

        Coy Boy
        PS the hammock pick was cool too. Thanks for posting all of them.

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Risk" <geoflyfisher@y...>
        wrote:
        > The June section hike is here:
        >
        > http://www.flyfisher-kayaks.com/ultralite/ATJune2003.htm
        >
        > It does have a photo of my latest hammock.
        >
        > Rick
      • Risk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21, 2003
          Coy,

          Yes, I thought of not posting the picture at all. The piece you see
          is a very small part of a picture taken from about 10 feet away. The
          lighting was poor, the camera was poor, and the processing was poor.
          But I had decided that I was not going to attempt to get any closer
          without an observer/spotter to take the picture.

          With someone else there to knock him down if he had tried to strike,
          I could have gotten a lot closer.

          Anyway, I tried to cover the comedy of the picture quality by my
          comparison of this picture to that of a UFO. I hope it was taken as
          the joke it was meant to be.