Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock tarp

  • Tom Blum
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 4, 2007
      Brian (TBACK) from Tampa added one to his rig after a miserable night on Springer last New Years. I think Dave Womble did it too.

      Tom

      >From: amendment2@...
      >Date: 2007/11/04 Sun AM 09:31:55 CST
      >To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Hammock Camping] Hammock tarp

      >I remember seeing a cool tarp in someone's pictures recently in this group.
      >It was pretty large and the corners could be folded/wrapped together to
      >enclose the ends of the hammock. I don't think it was zipped closed, possible
      >velcroed or just wrapped past each other and staked. The question is, where can
      >they be gotten or the pattern be seen so I can try to sew my own? I have one of
      >Ed's hammocks for "Lurch" sized people. (6'3", 270 #)

      Miles of Smiles
      Tom Blum
      scenic Winter Haven, Florida
      98Honda Superhawk
      The Phoenix
      93 Adventure ST
      85 V65 Sabre
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 14, 2007
        Thanks for the suggestion John-that makes sense & I'll make that change to
        the website today. Your feedback is helpful.

        The site does list the weight of our basic WinterTarp as 16 ozs; while the
        extra Accessory Kit contains our NoTangle GuideLines (listed as 1.7 oz) &
        our SilNylon Stuff Sack (listed as 0.4 oz). That would make a total carry
        weight of 18.1 ozs if you used our Accessory Kit to complete your tarp. Of
        course the final carry weight depends on each customer-while most choose to
        purchase the Accessory Kit, some choose to supply their own items. I'll try
        to make this clearer on the website itself...Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____