Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Chinese made Hammocks

  • Nightwalker
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2007
      > Nightwalker, I find it interesting that your HH UL Backpacker is made
      > in the USA. I purchased mine (current model HHULB) about June this
      > year and
      > it says 'Made in China'. How old is yours? Admittedly I did buy mine
      > through an eabay store, but nevertheless it has all the registered
      > trade marks attached to it. It also came with printed material with
      > the Hennessy contact information on it. I must say, I was surprised to
      > see the 'Made in China' tag on it as I too, was of the understanding
      > that it was made in the USA.
      >
      > Julie

      I ordered it special with the heavier ropes for a 200+ pound person. They
      told me that it was made in the US before I bought it. My other HH, an Exped
      Asym, is made in China and says so on the bag.

      BTW, they didn't charge me more for the heavier-roped version, and it only
      added 3 ounces to the whole thing. So, those of you who want to carry
      ultralight, but aren't very light yourselves, you might keep this in mind!

      I don't see how we can expect someone from another country to make their
      products in our country. But I guess that's just me.

      Frank/Nightwalker