Re: Gila Wilderness trip report

  • Jeff Ross
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 16, 2007
      Hi Rat. So far I've had no predator problems except domestic dogs on
      the trails. I had to bash one with my walking stick (a good reason to
      carry a real stick, not a fancy aluminum one). I worry more about
      wolves than anything in the Gila country. They aren't afraid of
      people, will attack dogs, and my goats would be very attractive to
      them. Mountain lions are also a concern, but they avoid people.

      If you decide to get new packgoats here's a link to a lady in CO who
      raises and sells packgoats. She knows her stuff and her animals are
      first rate.

      http://huffakerfarms.homestead.com/soap2.html