[Hammock Camping] Re: Nice to Meet you, Ed and Karen

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 12, 2007
      Hey Scott,

      What you are does look promising and reminds me a little bit of the
      early approach Ray Garlington used with his undercover for his
      Hennessy Hammock where he had a pull cord rigged so he could pull it
      closed behind him after he got in his hammock. The last I recall Ray
      was using a top loading hammock and putting a big bag of feathers in
      his undercover for insulation and using all manner of accessories with
      his hammock. I don't know if Ray still comes to this forum, I don't
      recall him posting lately.

      Like you said, you will learn more about how all that works this
      winter and until you get out there with it and see how it does in
      backpacking conditions you won't really know whether it solves more
      problems than it creates. There is always that risk when you try
      something new, I know I have had that experience many times but it is
      part of the process. Good luck with it and let me know how it does.

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood 2000
      Designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender, SnugFit Underquilt, and
      Winter Tarp.