Re: Nice to Meet you, Ed and Karen

  • QPens@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 12, 2007
      Hi Dave,
      Thanks for posting all of the different options for venting the Speer
      Snugfit. I'll try each of them, but, as you said, it's really only necessary
      in warmer weather. I was actually very comfortable that night once my body
      cooled down and worked with the top quilt to vent. Thanks for designing such a
      great underquilt.
      Best,
      Michael
      qpens

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 12, 2007
        Hey Scott,

        What you are does look promising and reminds me a little bit of the
        early approach Ray Garlington used with his undercover for his
        Hennessy Hammock where he had a pull cord rigged so he could pull it
        closed behind him after he got in his hammock. The last I recall Ray
        was using a top loading hammock and putting a big bag of feathers in
        his undercover for insulation and using all manner of accessories with
        his hammock. I don't know if Ray still comes to this forum, I don't
        recall him posting lately.

        Like you said, you will learn more about how all that works this
        winter and until you get out there with it and see how it does in
        backpacking conditions you won't really know whether it solves more
        problems than it creates. There is always that risk when you try
        something new, I know I have had that experience many times but it is
        part of the process. Good luck with it and let me know how it does.

        Dave Womble
        aka Youngblood 2000
        Designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender, SnugFit Underquilt, and
        Winter Tarp.