Re: [Hammock Camping] Hanging as a couple

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 25, 2007
      With a wide tree, it is easy to do this with two hammocks, next to each
      other:

      http://www.imrisk.com/hammock/ultradoublehammock.htm

      The secret is to tie the hammock on the side of the tree instead of the
      midline.

      Risk

      Ralph Oborn wrote:
      > On 9/24/07, Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:
      >> We are getting off on another topic so I started a new one... here is
      >> a direct link to Tim's photos of 3 hammocks to 4 trees
      >

      > two trees two hammocks should be possible one on top of the other (Think
      > Gilligan and the skipper or two bunks) :]
      >
      > Maybe three or four even..
      >
      > Ralph

      Walk Well!

      Rick (Risk)

      *********************************
      http://www.imrisk.com
      author of
      A Wildly Successful 200 Mile Hike
      www.wayahpress.com
      *********************************
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 25, 2007
        yep... it's always a rough weekend (sigh)

        Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote: Ralph,

        I think that packing scouts in versus packing AT thru hikers in versus
        packing SEHHA campers in... well, it might require a little tweaking
        of the 'rules'.

        Of course in the right situation where the tradeoffs dictate it, then
        it would be the hell with the 'rules' and let's just do it the way the
        scouts or the AT thru hikers do. Hint: one of the 'rules' at the
        SEHHA campout is that Ed and I get together for a burger and a beer at
        the Paddler's Pub for lunch on Friday, after a grueling 1/4 mile walk
        from the campground. Breakfast is usually a 1/2 mile walk to the
        Smoky Mountain Diner, and some folks like to catch an early dinner
        before driving across the street to their reservations at the hot tubs
        on Friday night. We probably do a few things a little different than
        your scouts.

        Dave

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 25, 2007
          good to hear from ya rick. ...tim

          Rick <ra1@...> wrote: With a wide tree, it is easy to do this with two hammocks, next to each

          Ralph Oborn wrote:
          > On 9/24/07, Dave Womble wrote:
          >> We are getting off on another topic so I started a new one... here is
          >> a direct link to Tim's photos of 3 hammocks to 4 trees
          >

          > two trees two hammocks should be possible one on top of the other (Think
          > Gilligan and the skipper or two bunks) :]
          >
          > Maybe three or four even..
          >
          > Ralph

          Walk Well!

          Rick (Risk)

          *********************************

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 26, 2007
            Tim,

            I read the list almost every day. I just have not had much to say
            recently.

            Rick

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 26, 2007
              Rick,

              Nice to see you posting every now and then.

              Dave

              PS... Did I see J.D. post something recently?