Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Bliss portable hammock stand

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 14, 2007
      Do you have photos? You used an 8 mm drill bit and went in 4 cm?

      I live in rebar reinforced concrete (it's like living in a cave) and am
      trying to figure out exactly how much of a hole I need to drill to hang
      my hammock.

      Most things (like our air-conditioner) are hung by drilling a hole
      (probably about 0.5 cm wide by 2 cm deep) into the cement, hammering in
      a plastic (possibly it's nylon) plug, and then screwing in the bolt.
      This sort of thing will pull straight out, but can hold weights pulling
      straight down.

      CL

      gerzson wrote:
      > If this is what you want to do and have concrete walls, then you can
      > do what I did, using 8x40mm nylon plugs and 4mm corresponding hooks.
      > I have now 3 pairs around the house and use them on a daily basis
      > (including sleeping overnight).
    • gerzson
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 14, 2007
        On 9/14/07, Cara Lin Bridgman <caralinb@...> wrote:
        > You used an 8 mm drill bit and went in 4 cm?

        This is correct.

        > I live in rebar reinforced concrete (it's like living in a cave) and am

        Same here.

        gerzson