RE: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Bliss portable hammock stand

  • Stuhr, Tim
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 11, 2007
      Garius,

      I don't know how much the HammockBliss stand is but check out the Vario
      Stand by Byers of Maine.
      http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1869642&cp
      =1898548&sr=1&origkw=byers+of+maine&kw=byers+of+maine&parentPage=search&
      searchId=21607485764

      Stoikurt

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 14, 2007
        Do you have photos? You used an 8 mm drill bit and went in 4 cm?

        I live in rebar reinforced concrete (it's like living in a cave) and am
        trying to figure out exactly how much of a hole I need to drill to hang
        my hammock.

        Most things (like our air-conditioner) are hung by drilling a hole
        (probably about 0.5 cm wide by 2 cm deep) into the cement, hammering in
        a plastic (possibly it's nylon) plug, and then screwing in the bolt.
        This sort of thing will pull straight out, but can hold weights pulling
        straight down.

        CL

        gerzson wrote:
        > If this is what you want to do and have concrete walls, then you can
        > do what I did, using 8x40mm nylon plugs and 4mm corresponding hooks.
        > I have now 3 pairs around the house and use them on a daily basis
        > (including sleeping overnight).
      • gerzson
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 14, 2007
          On 9/14/07, Cara Lin Bridgman <caralinb@...> wrote:
          > You used an 8 mm drill bit and went in 4 cm?

          This is correct.

          > I live in rebar reinforced concrete (it's like living in a cave) and am

          Same here.

          gerzson