Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

RE: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Bliss portable hammock stand

Expand Messages
  • Stuhr, Tim
    Garius, I don t know how much the HammockBliss stand is but check out the Vario Stand by Byers of Maine.
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 11, 2007
      Garius,

      I don't know how much the HammockBliss stand is but check out the Vario
      Stand by Byers of Maine.
      http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1869642&cp
      =1898548&sr=1&origkw=byers+of+maine&kw=byers+of+maine&parentPage=search&
      searchId=21607485764

      Stoikurt

      -----Original Message-----
      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of light_tribe
      Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:59 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Bliss portable hammock stand

      Hi Dave,

      Thanks for the reply and fantastic resource. I took a look at your
      amazing word doc on sag angle. Fabulous diagrams! It's great to have
      all this information. My first overnight hammock hang will be better
      for it i am willing to bet. I would also wager that some of the ole'
      timer hammockers would have liked to have had so much info and product
      choice a few years back.

      I guess I might have to get creative to hang a hammock in my
      apartment. The Hammock Bliss stand doesn't seem tall enough for the
      right sag angle, butt would drag the ground. <g>

      Thanks!


      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble" <dpwomble@...>
      wrote:
      >
      > Garius,
      >
      > Welcome to the forum.
      >
      > I sense that you have not figured out 'hammock geometry' yet. You
      > don't want to hang that 9'10" hammock stretched tight, you will want
      > to hang it somewhat loose, or with some sag, where the ends of the
      > hammock might be separated by 8'5", or somewhere in that range. The
      > issue I see with that 10 foot stand is the 42" height, I would have
      > liked to see it a foot higher. You can still use it but it will limit
      > the amount of sag you can get and still stay off the floor, so your
      > hammock may not be as comfortable as it could be with more sag. You
      > will live through that <grin> but may want to hang it with more sag
      > when you are outdoors using trees that allow more flexibility.
      >
      > I have written a few things about sag angle that may or may not help
      > you understand that and they a posted in the files section under
      > Youngblood's stuff
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping/files/Youngblood%27s/ .
      >
      > You mentioned the Speer Segmented Pad Extender to increase comfort, I
      > think you will find that they aren't usually used to increase the
      > comfort of a hammock but to help you stay warm using pads and other
      > items you may already have... they work fine for that.
      >
      > Dave Womble
      > aka Youngblood 2000
      > designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender and SnugFit Underquilt
      >
      >
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "light_tribe" <Garius@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Tim, for the reply,
      > >
      > > I have the Eno Doublenest, it is 9'10" in length, that's cutting it
      > > close with a 10' stand. I live in Manhattan and there are few
      places
      > > to practice with my new rig to get it just right, before taking it
      out
      > > in the wild. I am considering the Speer Segmented Pad extenders to
      > > increase comfort. I have a ridgerest and a couple to Wallmart blue
      > > pads to cut up and experiment with.
      > >
      > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > just be sure it's long enough for your hammock at 10'.
      > > >
      > > > light_tribe <Garius@> wrote:
      > > http://hammockbliss.safeshopper.com/26/cat26.htm?820
      > > >
      > > > Hi Everyone,
      > > >
      > > > Anyone ever used this hammock stand?
      > > >
      > > > I am really exited to be a new member on this list. I am new to
      > > > hammocking but I have been reading nonstop for about a week, all
      about
      > > > hammocks. (I am sorry I missed an opportunity to meet Ed Speers. I
      > > > used to live in Asheville, now I am in NYC. Anyway, next time I am
      > > > able I will make one of the hangs.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks,
      > > > Garius Hill
      > > > Manhattan backpacking
      > > > novice hammocker
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!
      > > >
      > > >
      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not
      > > web links.
      > > >
      > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      > > >
      > >
      >





      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • gerzson
      ... If this is what you want to do and have concrete walls, then you can do what I did, using 8x40mm nylon plugs and 4mm corresponding hooks. I have now 3
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 11, 2007
        On 9/11/07, light_tribe <Garius@...> wrote:
        > I guess I might have to get creative to hang a hammock in my
        > apartment.

        If this is what you want to do and have concrete walls, then you can
        do what I did, using 8x40mm nylon plugs and 4mm corresponding hooks.
        I have now 3 pairs around the house and use them on a daily basis
        (including sleeping overnight).

        gerzson
      • tim garner
        light trib... take a look at this thread talking about some of the different commercial stands available, w/ some pros & cons. ...tim
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 11, 2007
          light trib... take a look at this thread talking about some of the different commercial stands available, w/ some pros & cons. ...tim
          http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=662&highlight=hammock+stand

          light_tribe <Garius@...> wrote:
          Hi Dave,

          Thanks for the reply and fantastic resource. I took a look at your
          amazing word doc on sag angle. Fabulous diagrams! It's great to have
          all this information. My first overnight hammock hang will be better
          for it i am willing to bet. I would also wager that some of the ole'
          timer hammockers would have liked to have had so much info and product
          choice a few years back.

          I guess I might have to get creative to hang a hammock in my
          apartment. The Hammock Bliss stand doesn't seem tall enough for the
          right sag angle, butt would drag the ground.

          Thanks!


          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Womble" wrote:
          >
          > Garius,
          >
          > Welcome to the forum.
          >
          > I sense that you have not figured out 'hammock geometry' yet. You
          > don't want to hang that 9'10" hammock stretched tight, you will want
          > to hang it somewhat loose, or with some sag, where the ends of the
          > hammock might be separated by 8'5", or somewhere in that range. The
          > issue I see with that 10 foot stand is the 42" height, I would have
          > liked to see it a foot higher. You can still use it but it will limit
          > the amount of sag you can get and still stay off the floor, so your
          > hammock may not be as comfortable as it could be with more sag. You
          > will live through that but may want to hang it with more sag
          > when you are outdoors using trees that allow more flexibility.
          >
          > I have written a few things about sag angle that may or may not help
          > you understand that and they a posted in the files section under
          > Youngblood's stuff
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping/files/Youngblood%27s/ .
          >
          > You mentioned the Speer Segmented Pad Extender to increase comfort, I
          > think you will find that they aren't usually used to increase the
          > comfort of a hammock but to help you stay warm using pads and other
          > items you may already have... they work fine for that.
          >
          > Dave Womble
          > aka Youngblood 2000
          > designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender and SnugFit Underquilt
          >
          >
          >
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "light_tribe" wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks Tim, for the reply,
          > >
          > > I have the Eno Doublenest, it is 9'10" in length, that's cutting it
          > > close with a 10' stand. I live in Manhattan and there are few places
          > > to practice with my new rig to get it just right, before taking it out
          > > in the wild. I am considering the Speer Segmented Pad extenders to
          > > increase comfort. I have a ridgerest and a couple to Wallmart blue
          > > pads to cut up and experiment with.
          > >
          > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner wrote:
          > > >
          > > > just be sure it's long enough for your hammock at 10'.
          > > >
          > > > light_tribe wrote:
          > > http://hammockbliss.safeshopper.com/26/cat26.htm?820
          > > >
          > > > Hi Everyone,
          > > >
          > > > Anyone ever used this hammock stand?
          > > >
          > > > I am really exited to be a new member on this list. I am new to
          > > > hammocking but I have been reading nonstop for about a week, all
          about
          > > > hammocks. (I am sorry I missed an opportunity to meet Ed Speers. I
          > > > used to live in Asheville, now I am in NYC. Anyway, next time I am
          > > > able I will make one of the hangs.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks,
          > > > Garius Hill
          > > > Manhattan backpacking
          > > > novice hammocker
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > >
          > > > don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!
          > > >
          > > >
          > > > ---------------------------------
          > > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not
          > > web links.
          > > >
          > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          > > >
          > >
          >





          Yahoo! Groups Links






          don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!


          ---------------------------------
          Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
          Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Cara Lin Bridgman
          Do you have photos? You used an 8 mm drill bit and went in 4 cm? I live in rebar reinforced concrete (it s like living in a cave) and am trying to figure out
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 14, 2007
            Do you have photos? You used an 8 mm drill bit and went in 4 cm?

            I live in rebar reinforced concrete (it's like living in a cave) and am
            trying to figure out exactly how much of a hole I need to drill to hang
            my hammock.

            Most things (like our air-conditioner) are hung by drilling a hole
            (probably about 0.5 cm wide by 2 cm deep) into the cement, hammering in
            a plastic (possibly it's nylon) plug, and then screwing in the bolt.
            This sort of thing will pull straight out, but can hold weights pulling
            straight down.

            CL

            gerzson wrote:
            > If this is what you want to do and have concrete walls, then you can
            > do what I did, using 8x40mm nylon plugs and 4mm corresponding hooks.
            > I have now 3 pairs around the house and use them on a daily basis
            > (including sleeping overnight).
          • gerzson
            ... This is correct. ... Same here. gerzson
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 14, 2007
              On 9/14/07, Cara Lin Bridgman <caralinb@...> wrote:
              > You used an 8 mm drill bit and went in 4 cm?

              This is correct.


              > I live in rebar reinforced concrete (it's like living in a cave) and am

              Same here.


              gerzson
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.