Re: SEHHA at Hot Springs next weekend- prototype tarp to show.

  • takeasquizz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2007

      > I posted some photos for a new tarp design that is primarily for
      > winter use with hammocks or when you want privacy with your hammock in
      > campground environments... I guess it is the Winter Tarp 07, I don't
      > think we have a name for it yet. The 07 has an 11 foot ridgeline and
      > is 10 feet wide.
      >
      > Ed and I will bring prototypes to the SEHHA at Hot Springs next
      > weekend. It is a little different and a flexible, but uncomplicated
      > approach for winter backpacking with hammocks. Ed and I used our
      > combined experience with our winter backpacking trips to come up with
      > this design and tried to design out the short comings we discovered in
      > some of our previous winter tarps when we used them in winter
      > conditions in the southern Appalachian Mountains.
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/24gn3u
      >
      > Dave Womble
      > aka Youngblood 2000
      > Designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender and the SnugFit Underquilt

      Hi Dave - my first time on here; have been reading the posts for a few
      weeks now and always enjoy my time spent here. Re the 'Winter Tarp
      '07' - great to see in photographic form, something that I have been
      toying with (mentally) myself. What is the fabric? Silnylon? Sorry I
      can't be there to see the prototype - a bit far from Australia!
      Cheers from 'Down Under' - Julie
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 10, 2007
        Julie,