Re: [Hammock Camping] SEHHA at Hot Springs next weekend- prototype tarp to show.

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2007
      hey dave... i like that tarp! i'll look forward to checking it out in person. ...tim

      Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote: I posted some photos for a new tarp design that is primarily for
      winter use with hammocks or when you want privacy with your hammock in
      campground environments... I guess it is the Winter Tarp 07, I don't
      think we have a name for it yet. The 07 has an 11 foot ridgeline and
      is 10 feet wide.

      Ed and I will bring prototypes to the SEHHA at Hot Springs next
      weekend. It is a little different and a flexible, but uncomplicated
      approach for winter backpacking with hammocks. Ed and I used our
      combined experience with our winter backpacking trips to come up with
      this design and tried to design out the short comings we discovered in
      some of our previous winter tarps when we used them in winter
      conditions in the southern Appalachian Mountains.

      http://tinyurl.com/24gn3u

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood 2000
      Designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender and the SnugFit Underquilt

    • takeasquizz
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2007

        > I posted some photos for a new tarp design that is primarily for
        > winter use with hammocks or when you want privacy with your hammock in
        > campground environments... I guess it is the Winter Tarp 07, I don't
        > think we have a name for it yet. The 07 has an 11 foot ridgeline and
        > is 10 feet wide.
        >
        > Ed and I will bring prototypes to the SEHHA at Hot Springs next
        > weekend. It is a little different and a flexible, but uncomplicated
        > approach for winter backpacking with hammocks. Ed and I used our
        > combined experience with our winter backpacking trips to come up with
        > this design and tried to design out the short comings we discovered in
        > some of our previous winter tarps when we used them in winter
        > conditions in the southern Appalachian Mountains.
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/24gn3u
        >
        > Dave Womble
        > aka Youngblood 2000
        > Designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender and the SnugFit Underquilt

        Hi Dave - my first time on here; have been reading the posts for a few
        weeks now and always enjoy my time spent here. Re the 'Winter Tarp
        '07' - great to see in photographic form, something that I have been
        toying with (mentally) myself. What is the fabric? Silnylon? Sorry I
        can't be there to see the prototype - a bit far from Australia!
        Cheers from 'Down Under' - Julie
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 10, 2007
          Julie,