Re: Leaky hammock (marking lines)

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hey, Carey,

      At least one reader caught the "end" of the line for the knot. I was reading the whole digest before jumping on it, in case there was a comment to this effect. A knot on the end of the line might keep the Treehugger from slipping off, but make getting the loop from the free end harder to slip back on. I just marked the head end with an "H" sewn in contrasting thread on the appropriate Treehugger. I also could have just taken a few stitches through the rope end. There are lots of ways to handle marking the ends. "HYOH."

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

      Re: Leaky hammock (marking lines)
      Posted by: "Carey Parks" Carey@...<mailto:Carey@...> parkscarey
      Date: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:04 am ((PDT))

      Note that I specifically said "IN THE END" of the lines, so the knot is not
      involved in doing any work. It is good that you remind folks not to put
      knots (or leave knots that tie themselves) in their cordage since it does
      reduce the working strength of the line.