[Hammock Camping] Re: Beach Hammock set-up

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Billy Chard" <bc100s@...> wrote:

      > Thats interesting. i need to find more info on that do you know
      where i can find out about structual ridgelines

      Billy,

      You will want to use a low stretch rope or webbing for a structural
      ridgeline (basically no nylon stuff). There are a few files in my
      folders on this group that talk about the technical aspects of
      structural ridgelines
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping/files/Youngblood%27s/ .
      If you have any questions about any of it after you have looked it
      over, let me know.

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood
      designer of the Speer Segmented Pad Extender and the SnugFit Underquilt
    • wootres4
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2007
        Billy,
        Using Youngblood's article on sag angles, I came up with a 102 inch
        ridgeline for my ENO Double Nest hammock. It's Parra cord attached
        via carabinas and I wouldn't consider it structural. Regardless, it
        gives me a straight line to level the set up with and an almost
        perfect unoccupied 30 degree hang every single time. The angle
        changes when I get in, but this is the "feel' I'm used to and like.
        Then there is the advantage of hanging things on it when I'm in the
        hammock.
        All around I owe thanks to Dave (Youngblood) for the idea that is
        the best addition to my set up I've yet to come across.

        CHRIS

        wrote:

        > Thats interesting. i need to find more info on that do you know
        where i can find out about structual ridgelines

      • Billy Chard
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 29, 2007
          Thanks for that tid bit, i have an ENO double nest as well, just for giggles i will try the 102 inch ridgline and see how that works for me .. nothing else it will give me a baseline to start with..

          You All are Great
          Thanks for all the tips