Re: [Hammock Camping] Beach Hammock set-up

  • Billy Chard
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 27, 2007
      Gary love the pics.. i have an ENO set up as well.. i see that yellow rope you have tied under you rain fly what was that for?

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 27, 2007
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Billy Chard" <bc100s@...> wrote:

        > Gary love the pics.. i have an ENO set up as well.. i see that
        yellow rope you have tied under you rain fly what was that for?

        The yellow cord is not really functional in this setup since the poles
        flexed too much. Normally it is a structural ridge line. It functions
        to keep the exact same hang angle by pulling the slap straps tight so
        the cord is as hand pull tight as I can, then the hammock hangs from
        the biners at the same angle each time. I spent 2 night last weekend
        camping in the hammock and having a consistent hang each night made
        all the difference in comfort. Plus it helps hang the bug net without
        the extra line, and gives me somewhere to hang gear inside at night.
        -g