Re: Giving Up

  • Bonnie
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 11, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brona" <i_reiki_u2@...> wrote:

      > I have put off writing this for sometime now trying to decide just
      > what is the best course of action. (For those of you who don't
      > know, I have been in an arm wrestling match with the NPS to allow my
      > Registered Service Animals, which are goats, to be on the trail thus
      > allowing me access to the AT.)

      Hi Brona,
      I understand your feelings. I have mobility issues and I am amazed at
      the blatant disregard of ADA laws by our government. Right now though
      I wanted to pass on some links you might find interesting.

      Scroll down to the end of the page where it says GOT YOUR GOAT
      http://www.bmta.org/NewsItems.htm#NewsNo2

      http://www.motherearthnews.com/Livestock-and-Farming/2002-06-01/Want-Milk-Get-Goats.aspx

      Enjoy the woods,
      Bonnie
    • Brona
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 14, 2007
        Bonnie,
        Thanks for the links. I agree that at this moment, even with the
        ADA laws, most government agencies feel that they can make up their
        own rules and regs-specially if they are also under the Department
        of Justice, Department of Interior.
        Brona

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bonnie" <treehugger@...>