Re: Byer The Moskito Traveller

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Risk" <geoflyfisher@y...>
      wrote:

      > Has anyone actually laid down in one of these 7 foot long wonders??
      >
      > Rick

      Yes, I bought one last year from REI. I took it back primarily
      because I didn't find it as comfortable as the HH I was then using.

      It is a little narrow for my liking and the strings are tied so that
      it is progressively longer as you depart from its center line, which
      makes it very stable but makes it hard to get to a "flat" position
      when you lay a little on the diagonal (kind of an uncomfortable pull
      on the back of my knees after several hours in the hammock). It used
      mosquito netting as opposed to no-see-um netting and the netting
      tended to flop on my face. All the strings looked like they could be
      a problem for a backpacking hammock: entanglements, do you need a
      drip line for each string?

      It seemed to be made okay for a $40-$50 hammock. The mosquito
      netting was quite interesting, it was the about the same size as the
      hammock cloth and if you didn't want to use the netting you could
      just flip the hammock over and the netting was now on the
      bottom...sort of like a two-layer hammock. The shock cord
      arrangement for the mosquito netting was pretty clever.

      Youngblood