Re: 1st time was almost stinky

  • dt king
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "daugdo2" <dau122@...> wrote:

      > I peeked anyway and saw a big,fat skunk staring back at me. I listed
      > to him (or her) scratching around me (and under me!)for 15 minutes
      > before it moved off. Could have been worse!

      Ha! First time I slept out, I heard a critter shuffling around in the
      distance, passing under the hammock and moving on. I could be
      mistaken, but skunks have a distinctive foraging sound. The don't
      have to be stealthy or fast. In my mind it was a 15 pounder, but you
      really can tell by the rustling in the leaves.

      David King