Re: Stands

  • Victor Beltran
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 27 11:25 AM
      I made a stand out of 2x4 and bolts. It can be easily disassembled and
      transported although you'd need a big car or a pickup. Here is a link
      to the project:

      http://www.instructables.com/id/E1LDU89F4AQNVZ5/

      I am still working out a couple of stability concerns but overall it
      works.

      -VBP

      > Anyone got some plans for some good portable hammock stands??
      >
      > I know we've had them here?
      >
      > Ralph

    • Victor Beltran
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 27 8:37 PM
        Ralph,

        I am not sure what you mean by portable. I built a wooden hammock
        stand that can be disassembled and transported somewhat easily, you'd
        need a big car. The design has worked well so far although it could do
        with some adjustments to improve stability. Here is a link to the
        while project with instructions:

        www.instructables.com/id/E1LDU89F4AQNVZ5/

        -VBP

        PS I tried to post this before but for some reason it did not work.

        > Anyone got some plans for some good portable hammock stands??
        >
        > I know we've had them here?
        >
        > Ralph

      • sebastiantoney
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29 6:12 AM
          Check out Warbonnets Hammock Stand:
          http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1156&page=3

          Scroll down to the third, fourth, and fifth pictures on the page.
          It's a more robust version of what I see in your stand VBP.

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Victor Beltran" <vicbel@...>
          wrote:

          > I made a stand out of 2x4 and bolts. It can be easily disassembled and
          > transported although you'd need a big car or a pickup. Here is a link
          > to the project:
          >
          > http://www.instructables.com/id/E1LDU89F4AQNVZ5/
          >
          > I am still working out a couple of stability concerns but overall it
          > works.
          >
          > -VBP
          >
          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Oborn" <Ralph.oborn@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Anyone got some plans for some good portable hammock stands??
          > >
          > > I know we've had them here?
          > >
          > > Ralph

        • Bonnie
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007

            > Anyone got some plans for some good portable hammock stands??

            Hi Ralph,
            I've seen quite a few posts about ready made stands so I am sending
            you this link to REI. I worked there for a short time. Fun playing
            with all the gadgets.
            http://www.rei.com/product/687717
            Byer sells stands that weigh 7lbs. and hold up to 250lbs. I bought one
            but haven't used it yet. I also purchased some climbing stoppers to
            use if I can hang from a rock wall.
            http://www.rei.com/product/698028
            If anyone buys the stoppers. Don't forget the stopper tool to help
            with their removal.http://www.rei.com/product/471351?ext_cat=undefined

            Always In Nature
            Bonnie