Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: tim's done it again...

Expand Messages
  • C C Wayah
    Too bad you don t have short term disability insurance too. Rogene ... From: tim garner To: Sent:
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 14, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Too bad you don't have short term disability insurance too.
      Rogene
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "tim garner" <slowhike@...>
      To: <hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: tim's done it again...


      > thanks marta. the small company i work for is very small.
      > it's co-owned by two men & they have myself & one other driver on
      > payroll, as well as a lady that comes in twice a week for several hours in
      > the morn to call the restaurants & get orders. so i guess i need to just
      > start by talking to my employers about workers comp & see what they have
      > to say. ...tim
      >
      > marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote:
      > Tim--
      >
      > Speaking as someone who deals with these issues for an employer...
      >
      > Be sure you keep whoever handles HR issues completely informed. They
      > are responsible for reporting injuries to the state. Anything you
      > don't tell them, they can't know, and therefore can't help you with.
      > For example, our W/C carrier requires that injured employees take a
      > drug test after any sort of incident, even something like exposure to
      > an allergen. Check and see what the rules at your company are. If
      > you work with them (assuming they are not trying to cheat you and the
      > system) it will go much more smoothly.
      >
      > Make sure you turn in all relevent paperwork and medical bills.
      >
      > Also, they may offer you some sort of light-duty work during your
      > recovery. If your doctor clears it and they offer that option, it
      > will be much better for both parties than if you claim it through the
      > insurance carrier, which often involves long delays.
      >
      > Marta/Five-Leaf
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> i wasn't very comfortable on the couch w/ a foam wedge & lots of
      > pillows last night.
      >> i got up once & made my way into the bed room w/ the BA air mat
      > w/ the intention of trying the hammock.
      >> i'm pretty sure that i will be more comfortable in the
      > hammock, but the only thing that kept me from going ahead & getting
      > in it last night was that i was afraid i would have an even harder
      > time reaching for anything like water, etc. also getting up may be a
      > little more of a challenge yet than the couch. those are the most
      > painful things... reaching, sitting up, & standing.
      >> but today i added a mild mucle relaxer w/ the pain med. that
      > seems to have improved things a little, so i'm going to give the
      > hammock a try today.
      >>
      >> i will need to learn how things are supposed to work w/ the
      > Workman's Comp. i feel sure they will take care of the medical
      > bills & i'm hoping they will pay some toward the time out of work.
      > i'm just not familiar w/ that. my last injury wasn't at work.
      >>
      >> i have no intention of taking advantage in any sort of an
      > unfair way, but i do want to be sure that my employers & workman's
      > comp do their part.
      >>
      >> i know a lady who's a lawyer. maybe she would be willing to
      > give me advice.
      >> i have no insurance.
      >> any suggestions that you (or others) have concerning those
      > things would be greatly appreciated. thanks. ...tim
      >>
      >> marta_clark wrote:
      >> Ouch, Tim! I'm so sorry to hear about your injury.
      >>
      >> BTW, I had an hour-long interview with a Workman's Comp specialist
      > this
      >> past week at work. He said that the most common construction site
      >> injuries are from falls. At the same time, one of our crews went to
      > a
      >> big job at a Navy base in Pensacola. The general contractor
      > required
      >> that they all attend a 45-minute safety presentation before they
      >> started work. The main subject--avoiding falls.
      >>
      >> Can you get comfortable at all in your hammock?
      >>
      >> Marta/Five-Leaf
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >> don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!
      >>
      >>
      >> ---------------------------------
      >> Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone
      > who knows.
      >> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
      >>
      >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >>
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!
      >
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
      > news, photos & more.
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
    • tim garner
      i just talked to one of the owners of the small company i work for. he said they don t have workers comp. he said if they had three employees they would be
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 14, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        i just talked to one of the owners of the small company i work for. he said they don't have workers comp. he said if they had three employees they would be required to have it, but because they only have two (full time) they aren't required to.
        he also was hoping i could come in monday & drive a truck (strait drive) & he had someone who could deliver the produce. i told him there's no way. i'm not even supposed to be driving period, much less a strait drive. and it's a painful experience to get up from the couch to go to the bathroom.
        i'll be trying to get in touch w/ the lady i know who's a lawyer to see what she has to say about it. ...tim

        marta_clark <marta_clark@...> wrote:
        Tim--

        Speaking as someone who deals with these issues for an employer...

        Be sure you keep whoever handles HR issues completely informed. They
        are responsible for reporting injuries to the state. Anything you
        don't tell them, they can't know, and therefore can't help you with.
        For example, our W/C carrier requires that injured employees take a
        drug test after any sort of incident, even something like exposure to
        an allergen. Check and see what the rules at your company are. If
        you work with them (assuming they are not trying to cheat you and the
        system) it will go much more smoothly.

        Make sure you turn in all relevent paperwork and medical bills.

        Also, they may offer you some sort of light-duty work during your
        recovery. If your doctor clears it and they offer that option, it
        will be much better for both parties than if you claim it through the
        insurance carrier, which often involves long delays.

        Marta/Five-Leaf

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner
        wrote:
        >
        > i wasn't very comfortable on the couch w/ a foam wedge & lots of
        pillows last night.
        > i got up once & made my way into the bed room w/ the BA air mat
        w/ the intention of trying the hammock.
        > i'm pretty sure that i will be more comfortable in the
        hammock, but the only thing that kept me from going ahead & getting
        in it last night was that i was afraid i would have an even harder
        time reaching for anything like water, etc. also getting up may be a
        little more of a challenge yet than the couch. those are the most
        painful things... reaching, sitting up, & standing.
        > but today i added a mild mucle relaxer w/ the pain med. that
        seems to have improved things a little, so i'm going to give the
        hammock a try today.
        >
        > i will need to learn how things are supposed to work w/ the
        Workman's Comp. i feel sure they will take care of the medical
        bills & i'm hoping they will pay some toward the time out of work.
        i'm just not familiar w/ that. my last injury wasn't at work.
        >
        > i have no intention of taking advantage in any sort of an
        unfair way, but i do want to be sure that my employers & workman's
        comp do their part.
        >
        > i know a lady who's a lawyer. maybe she would be willing to
        give me advice.
        > i have no insurance.
        > any suggestions that you (or others) have concerning those
        things would be greatly appreciated. thanks. ...tim
        >
        > marta_clark wrote:
        > Ouch, Tim! I'm so sorry to hear about your injury.
        >
        > BTW, I had an hour-long interview with a Workman's Comp specialist
        this
        > past week at work. He said that the most common construction site
        > injuries are from falls. At the same time, one of our crews went to
        a
        > big job at a Navy base in Pensacola. The general contractor
        required
        > that they all attend a 45-minute safety presentation before they
        > started work. The main subject--avoiding falls.
        >
        > Can you get comfortable at all in your hammock?
        >
        > Marta/Five-Leaf
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!
        >
        >
        > ---------------------------------
        > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone
        who knows.
        > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >





        Yahoo! Groups Links






        don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!


        ---------------------------------
        Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
        Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Dave Womble
        Tim, that s tough. You didn t need anymore problems with your back. Hope you heal up soon. Dave
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 15, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Tim, that's tough. You didn't need anymore problems with your back.
          Hope you heal up soon.

          Dave
        • tim garner
          thanks dave. looks like this injury wil be far less time consuming than the last. my 1st night i slept on the couch w/ a big foam wedge & lots of pillows. was
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 15, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            thanks dave. looks like this injury wil be far less time consuming than the last.
            my 1st night i slept on the couch w/ a big foam wedge & lots of pillows.
            was fairly comfortable but slept off & on through the night.
            last night (2nd night after the injury) i slept in the hammock w/ the BA air matt.
            i slept like a baby all night long<g>. just as suspected, getting up was a little bit more painful though<g>.

            Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:
            Tim, that's tough. You didn't need anymore problems with your back.
            Hope you heal up soon.

            Dave




            Yahoo! Groups Links






            don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!


            ---------------------------------
            Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
            Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
            ... Tim,Tim,Tim See what happens when you lay on the ground ;^). Seriously, I m glad it wasn t any worse. When I had to make a WC claim years ago, after I
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 15, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              > but not quite as bad, thank the Lord.
              > i was delivering w/ a different work truck than i was
              > accustomed to
              > using in high point today & stepped back expecting to
              > find the step
              > bumper about 1/2 way down, but it wasn't there.
              > so i continued to pivot backwards & landed on my
              > back... on a curb.

              Tim,Tim,Tim

              See what happens when you lay on the ground ;^). Seriously, I'm glad
              it wasn't any worse. When I had to make a WC claim years ago, after I
              was off work for more than two weeks they back-payed my salary for the
              two weeks and then began to pay me but at 66 2/3 of my regular pay. I
              hope this all works out for you brother. You've got to get yourself
              all well so you can hike a few days with me as I pass through your
              area next year. Take care of yourself and, as always, you'll be in my
              prayers.

              Brian

              The most valuable things in life are free. They are gifts of grace and
              are ours for the asking...walk in faith.
            • tim garner
              thanks brian. the improvement has already begun, thank the Lord. as long as nothing happens, i should be ready for some hiking well before you get to NC. take
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 15, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                thanks brian. the improvement has already begun, thank the Lord.
                as long as nothing happens, i should be ready for some hiking well before you get to NC.
                take care. ...tim

                opnheartscrub@... wrote:

                > but not quite as bad, thank the Lord.
                > i was delivering w/ a different work truck than i was
                > accustomed to
                > using in high point today & stepped back expecting to
                > find the step
                > bumper about 1/2 way down, but it wasn't there.
                > so i continued to pivot backwards & landed on my
                > back... on a curb.

                Tim,Tim,Tim

                See what happens when you lay on the ground ;^). Seriously, I'm glad
                it wasn't any worse. When I had to make a WC claim years ago, after I
                was off work for more than two weeks they back-payed my salary for the
                two weeks and then began to pay me but at 66 2/3 of my regular pay. I
                hope this all works out for you brother. You've got to get yourself
                all well so you can hike a few days with me as I pass through your
                area next year. Take care of yourself and, as always, you'll be in my
                prayers.

                Brian

                The most valuable things in life are free. They are gifts of grace and
                are ours for the asking...walk in faith.





                Yahoo! Groups Links






                don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!


                ---------------------------------
                Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • Coy
                Tim, glad to hear you are feeling better. an injury can be soooo agrivating but look at is a vacation. course having workmans comp would make that part
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 15, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  Tim, glad to hear you are feeling better. an injury can be soooo
                  agrivating but look at is a vacation. course having workmans comp
                  would make that part easier. so, look at it as a forced diet. sorry
                  i'm not good with words but I do hope thing work out. Prayers headed
                  your way.

                  Coy Boy


                  --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner <slowhike@...>
                  wrote:
                  >
                  > thanks brian. the improvement has already begun, thank the
                  Lord.
                  > as long as nothing happens, i should be ready for some hiking
                  well before you get to NC.
                  > take care. ...tim
                  >
                  > opnheartscrub@... wrote:
                  >
                  > > but not quite as bad, thank the Lord.
                  > > i was delivering w/ a different work truck than i was
                  > > accustomed to
                  > > using in high point today & stepped back expecting to
                  > > find the step
                  > > bumper about 1/2 way down, but it wasn't there.
                  > > so i continued to pivot backwards & landed on my
                  > > back... on a curb.
                  >
                  > Tim,Tim,Tim
                  >
                  > See what happens when you lay on the ground ;^). Seriously, I'm
                  glad
                  > it wasn't any worse. When I had to make a WC claim years ago, after
                  I
                  > was off work for more than two weeks they back-payed my salary for
                  the
                  > two weeks and then began to pay me but at 66 2/3 of my regular pay.
                  I
                  > hope this all works out for you brother. You've got to get yourself
                  > all well so you can hike a few days with me as I pass through your
                  > area next year. Take care of yourself and, as always, you'll be in
                  my
                  > prayers.
                  >
                  > Brian
                  >
                  > The most valuable things in life are free. They are gifts of grace
                  and
                  > are ours for the asking...walk in faith.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!
                  >
                  >
                  > ---------------------------------
                  > Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.
                  >
                  > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  >
                • tim garner
                  thanks coy. much appreciated. ...tim Coy wrote: Tim, glad to hear you are feeling better. an injury can be soooo agrivating but look
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 15, 2007
                  • 0 Attachment
                    thanks coy. much appreciated. ...tim

                    Coy <starnescr@...> wrote: Tim, glad to hear you are feeling better. an injury can be soooo
                    agrivating but look at is a vacation. course having workmans comp
                    would make that part easier. so, look at it as a forced diet. sorry
                    i'm not good with words but I do hope thing work out. Prayers headed
                    your way.

                    Coy Boy


                    --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, tim garner
                    wrote:
                    >
                    > thanks brian. the improvement has already begun, thank the
                    Lord.
                    > as long as nothing happens, i should be ready for some hiking
                    well before you get to NC.
                    > take care. ...tim
                    >
                    > opnheartscrub@... wrote:
                    >
                    > > but not quite as bad, thank the Lord.
                    > > i was delivering w/ a different work truck than i was
                    > > accustomed to
                    > > using in high point today & stepped back expecting to
                    > > find the step
                    > > bumper about 1/2 way down, but it wasn't there.
                    > > so i continued to pivot backwards & landed on my
                    > > back... on a curb.
                    >
                    > Tim,Tim,Tim
                    >
                    > See what happens when you lay on the ground ;^). Seriously, I'm
                    glad
                    > it wasn't any worse. When I had to make a WC claim years ago, after
                    I
                    > was off work for more than two weeks they back-payed my salary for
                    the
                    > two weeks and then began to pay me but at 66 2/3 of my regular pay.
                    I
                    > hope this all works out for you brother. You've got to get yourself
                    > all well so you can hike a few days with me as I pass through your
                    > area next year. Take care of yourself and, as always, you'll be in
                    my
                    > prayers.
                    >
                    > Brian
                    >
                    > The most valuable things in life are free. They are gifts of grace
                    and
                    > are ours for the asking...walk in faith.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!
                    >
                    >
                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.
                    >
                    > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    >





                    Yahoo! Groups Links






                    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!!!


                    ---------------------------------
                    Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.

                    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                    ... That s great Tim. I look forward to it. Brian The most valuable things in life are free. They are gifts of grace and
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 16, 2007
                    • 0 Attachment
                      ---- tim garner <slowhike@...> wrote:
                      > thanks brian. the improvement has already begun, thank the Lord.
                      > as long as nothing happens, i should be ready for some hiking well before you get to NC.
                      > take care. ...tim

                      That's great Tim. I look forward to it.

                      Brian

                      The most valuable things in life are free. They are gifts of grace and
                      > are ours for the asking...walk in faith.
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.