[Hammock Camping] Re: Table Rock State Park, SC

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2007
      Tina, are you still doing this... and if so do you still want some
      company? It is a long ways for me to go so I have been flip-flopping
      about going, but I haven't been out that way in a while and I do want
      to get out this weekend. What time and where can I locate you at
      Table Rock?

      Dave

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton" <Frecs@...> wrote:

      > Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way;
      the Ridge
      > Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So,
      the loop
      > would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
      > Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the
      loop is
      > the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have
      legs
      > left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
      > morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the
      Sunday hike
      > because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
      > Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and
      we'll just
      > play it by ear...

    • Tina Paxton
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12, 2007
        Yes, I'm still going. I'll be heading there tomorrow. I need to check in
        and claim my primitive camp site by 6pm. On Saturday, I'll probably be
        checking in with the Rangers to start the hike up Pinnacle mountain about
        8:30am or so.

        yes, I'm still open for company. I'm not a fast hiker and this is my first
        "strenuous" hike so will probably be even slower even though I won't be
        having to carry a full pack.

        > Tina, are you still doing this... and if so do you still want some
        > company? It is a long ways for me to go so I have been flip-flopping
        > about going, but I haven't been out that way in a while and I do want
        > to get out this weekend. What time and where can I locate you at
        > Table Rock?
        >
        > Dave
        >

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton" <Frecs@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way;
        > the Ridge
        >> Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So,
        > the loop
        >> would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
        >> Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the
        > loop is
        >> the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have
        > legs
        >> left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
        >> morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the
        > Sunday hike
        >> because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
        >> Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and
        > we'll just
        >> play it by ear...
        >>

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tina Paxton
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 13, 2007
          Oh, I forgot to say: I'll be the one wearing a pink hat with collector pins
          decorating it.