Byer The Moskito Traveller

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2003
      Campmoor has expaned their Byer selection

      This looked interesting
      at$39.99
      http://www.campmor.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?
      prmenbr=226&prrfnbr=30429012

      Add a cheap tarp and it wouldn't be half bad.

      Still love my Hennesy Light Racer though.
    • Risk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2003
        The link mentioned in the previous post can be easily reached with
        this alternate:

        http://tinyurl.com/ejdk

        The hammock looks like the Amazonas hammock available from many
        vendors this spring. It even has the same weight limit.

        Has anyone actually laid down in one of these 7 foot long wonders??

        Rick

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 17, 2003
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Risk" <geoflyfisher@y...>
          wrote:

          > Has anyone actually laid down in one of these 7 foot long wonders??
          >
          > Rick

          Yes, I bought one last year from REI. I took it back primarily
          because I didn't find it as comfortable as the HH I was then using.

          It is a little narrow for my liking and the strings are tied so that
          it is progressively longer as you depart from its center line, which
          makes it very stable but makes it hard to get to a "flat" position
          when you lay a little on the diagonal (kind of an uncomfortable pull
          on the back of my knees after several hours in the hammock). It used
          mosquito netting as opposed to no-see-um netting and the netting
          tended to flop on my face. All the strings looked like they could be
          a problem for a backpacking hammock: entanglements, do you need a
          drip line for each string?

          It seemed to be made okay for a $40-$50 hammock. The mosquito
          netting was quite interesting, it was the about the same size as the
          hammock cloth and if you didn't want to use the netting you could
          just flip the hammock over and the netting was now on the
          bottom...sort of like a two-layer hammock. The shock cord
          arrangement for the mosquito netting was pretty clever.

          Youngblood